[Zope] Large TextIndexNG problem

David Mackay mackay_d@bellsouth.net
Sun, 08 Dec 2002 17:26:22 -0600

I am having a problem creating an index for about 276,000 documents.  I
successfully created a TextIndexNG index for the documents by indexing
50,000 at a time.  If I tried to do everything at one time, it would
work for about six or seven hours, and then return with zer0 items
indexed.  Before I added the indexed items, my database size was about
360MB.  Well, I decided that I needed to make a few changes, so I
cleared the index.  Then I packed the database.  However, the database
size is now 2023.7M.  When I try to repack the database, I get an error
message telling me that there have been no changes since the last pack.
  Also, I can't add any indices.  I get a message that the connection
was refused when attempting to contact the server.  There are no
messages in Z2.log indicating that there is a problem, and no tracebacks
from python.  The environment is:
Zope 2.5.1
Python 2.1.3
Linux (Red Hat 8.0) kernel 2.4.18-3
The machine has 768MB of memory and 11GB of free hard drive space.

Can anyone give me some pointers?

Dave