[Zope] Intel vs AMD

ken ken@cleveland.lug.net
Mon, 9 Dec 2002 14:22:36 -0500 (EST)

I'd recommend *not* going with AMD.  See the link in my sig.

hth,
ken

--
AMD crashes?  See http://cleveland.lug.net/~ken/amd-problem/.

Myroslav Opyr at 20:45 (UTC+0200) on Mon, 9 Dec 2002 said:

= Hi,
=
= I'm a bit stuck with finding proper solution. What iterest me right now is
= comparison of Zope, CMF, Plone perfomance on hardware that pretend to be
= called server-kind. Does anybody has any experience or benchmark result in
= comparing Intel Xeon and AMD Athlon MP? Anything? Zope, CMF, Plone ab
= comparison. Pystones benchmark results? Does anybody know how memory type
= influences perfomance?
=
= And does anybody succeded in binding Zope instances to different
= processors in 2-processor configurations?
=
= We got poor perfomance with P IV and thus I am asking if anybody has
= better stories regarding hardware.
=
= Thanks in advance,
=
= m.
= --
= Myroslav Opyr
= zope.net.ua * Ukrainian Zope Hosting
= e-mail: myroslav@zope.net.ua
= cell: +380 50.3174578
=
=
=
= Zope maillist  -  Zope@zope.org
= **   No cross posts or HTML encoding!  **
= (Related lists -
=  http://lists.zope.org/mailman/listinfo/zope-announce