[Zope] ZODB / SQL question

Adam Manock abmanock@earthlink.net
09 Dec 2002 19:44:15 -0500

I do not know how your site is set up, but if your data in the ZODB is
consistent in structure and well separated from your logic and
presentation code, what you want to do should not be too difficult. You
should concentrate on two tasks:

1)	The actual data migration, "selecting" your data from the ZODB
	and outputting it in a form that can be brought into PostgreSQL.
	You may be able to parse a Zope XML export file to create a 	source
file for Postgres:-) Then....
	(COPY http://www.postgresql.org/idocs/index.php?sql-copy.html)

2)	Creating SQL queries that return results in the same form that
	your logic / presentation code expects. (You may be able to 	create an
"abstraction layer" product or script to do this
	that can be used everywhere)

Hope that helps,

Adam