[Zope] user folder question

ben@thesite.org ben@thesite.org
Tue, 10 Dec 2002 17:30:14 +0000

I'm having a problem with user folder permissions:

I have one acl_users folder at the root folder of a website,
www.mysite.org, using Cookie Crumbler
I also have an acl_users folder in parallel to this, allowing
access to an XML-RPC application server area. I need to keep them
separate, or failed XML-RPC authentications are picked up by the
Cookie Crumbler code, and the XML-RPC client gets the login_form
html page sent back!

I need to let certain users of the website create user accounts
in the xml-rpc server area.

I have a user role, hq_user, who creates the user in the xml-rpc
area. The permissions on the xml-rpc root directory grant hq_user
the manage_users permission.

But when I try to add users in this other acl_users folder, I get
an error that it is not allowed.
But this user, if I change the code, can create users in its
"own"  acl_users folder.
The hq_user role is created in the root directory above both the
acl_users folders in question.

the python code:
context.xmlrpcfolder.acl_users.userFolderAddUser(name=f_username,
password=f_pwd, roles=['c_lcp'], domains=())

can anyone shed light on this? what permissions do I have to set
to add a user to an acl_folder?

TIA

Ben Avery
(zope 2.6.0, pyth 2.1.3, solaris 2.7)