[Zope] Installing Zope under RedHat

Andrew Veitch andrew@logicalprogression.net
Fri, 13 Dec 2002 00:23:09 +0000

Er, you the problems are in the warnings! Zope doesn't yet run on Python 2.2
(Zope 2.7 will). It sounds like there's also a problem with the user it's
running as, Zope can run as nobody but that's not really a very good idea as
you'd have to allow user nobody to write key Zope files which would be odd.

The simplest way to get Zope running from RH is just to add a line to
rc.local - that's what we do.