[Zope] Zope auhtentification with Apache

Oliver Bleutgen myzope@gmx.net
Fri, 13 Dec 2002 19:17:12 +0100

sophie seillier wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I work for a company which wants to integrate Zope and still use the web
> server Apache.
> I have to do tests to validate this way, and I have problems....
> I have no problem to access Zope pages when there isn't
> authentification, but I don't manage to delegate the authentification to
> Zope, and I can't access the Zope "manage" page. I follow the Zope
> documentations' instructions whitout success. I modified the httpd.conf
> file with :
>
> RewriteEngine On
> RewriteCond %{HTTP:Authorization} ^(.*)
> RewriteRule ^/Zope(.*) /var/www/cgi-bin/Zope.cgi/$1
> [e=HTTP_CGI_AUTHORIZATION:%1,t=application/x-httpd-cgi,l]

Use apache as a proxy with the rewrite rules in proxy mode ([P]-flag).
That way, you can still serve local pages, by rewriting just a special
path (i.e. /zope). Save yourself the trouble with the cgi-stuff.

I think on of the various apache-as-proxy-in-front-of-zope howtos on
zope.org describe how to do that, but it's quite not so hard to figure
out it yourself.

cheers,
oliver