[Zope] Configuring Zope's python for ssl

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Fri, 13 Dec 2002 23:24:51 +0100

Kevin Carlson writes:
 > I need to write an external script that access pages via https.  When I try
 > this using an HTTPSConnection object I get an error stating that ssl is not
 > available.  I noticed in the socket.py file that the ssl module is available
 > "if configured".   I have found threads that show me how to configure python
 > for ssl but I'm curious if the python that comes with Zope can be configured
 > similarly.
You need the sources in order to "configure" it.

Thus, go for a Python (2.1.3) source distribution.
Configure it to support SSL (you will need SSL support libraries
for that, e.g. the "openssl" (C-) package).

Use this Python for your Zope.

Dieter