[Zope] Auto-documenting Zope Products

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Fri, 13 Dec 2002 22:16:47 +0100

Antonio Beamud Montero writes:
 > I want to document all my products with pydoc.
 > I have patched the source code to works fine with zope code and I have
 > run the zdoc.py script, but zdoc.py fail's and said something like:
 > Traceback (most recent call last):
 >   File "/usr/local/bin/zdoc.py", line 5, in ?
 >     import Zope
 >   File "/usr/lib/zope/lib/python/Zope/__init__.py", line 43, in ?
 >
 > DB=ZODB.FileStorage.FileStorage(Globals.BobobaseName,read_only=_isReadOnly())
 >   File "/usr/lib/zope/lib/python/ZODB/FileStorage.py", line 200, in
 > __init__
 >     raise ValueError, "can\'t create a read-only file"
 > ValueError: can't create a read-only file
 >
 > What can I do?
Zope was told to work in "read_only" mode but the filestorage file
(usually "<zopedir>/var/Data.fs") does not exist.

Start your Zope first in "read_write" mode (this should create
your "Data.fs"). Then try again with "zdoc.py".

It may also be possible that you use an "INSTANCE_HOME" installation
but you do not tell this to "zdoc.py". In this case, "Data.fs"
is not where "zdoc.py" looks for it.

 > Exists other tool?
An alternative is "HappyDoc".

Dieter