[Zope] Port 80 on IE

Curtis Seyfried curtis.seyfried@verizon.net
Sat, 14 Dec 2002 22:10:35 -0500

On Sat Dec. 14 2002 Jens vagelpohl wrote:

>Message: 14
>Date: Fri, 13 Dec 2002 14:05:24 -0500
>Subject: Re: [Zope] Internet Explorer, Manage, Port 80
>Cc: zope@zope.org
>To: Robert Roberts <kj7ny@yahoo.com>
>From: Jens Vagelpohl <jens@zope.com>
>i've seen problems on IE/mac before where that P.O.S. would not connect
>to anything "localhost" but would connect to 127.0.0.1...  have you
>tried that?
>jens
>On Friday, Dec 13, 2002, at 13:42 US/Eastern, Robert Roberts wrote:
> Has anyone else seen this problem and/or does anyone
> know a fix.
> If I run Zope on port 8080, I have no problem logging
> in to manage the site (e.g.
> http://localhost:8080/manage).
> If I put Zope on port 80, I cannot log in to manage
> the site (e.g. http://localhost/manage or
> http://localhost:80/manage) when using Internet
> Explorer only.
> I have no problems when using Mozilla, Phoenix, or
> Opera.  I get the log in screen. Enter my UID and PW
> and the browser just goes away (thinking) for
> eternity.
> I have tried IE 5.0 and IE 6.0.
> I am running Zope Version (Zope 2.5.1 (binary release,
> python 2.1, win32-x86), python 2.1.3, win32) running
> on Win2K.
>> Thanks,

Robert and Jens,
I have had to run ZOPE also on a different port so as to not conflict with
another ZOPE application I run. I also have IE 6.0 sp1, and Win 2000 pro
sp3, both with all security patches.
In trying to figure out how to configure a different port I set the port to
"81" which works fine. I did not try 80 so do not know if it is a problem
for me also and since 81 works fine I'm going to leave it. So maybe it is
just port 80 that has a problem, try 81 and see what happens.

Curtis Seyfried