[Zope] Whoa there! What's up WebDAV???

Bryan Capitano Bryan@capitanoweb.com
Mon, 16 Dec 2002 19:57:01 -0800

Okay, I figured it out. Adding command line option -W [portnumber] to the
Zope "start" script for z2.py does the trick. It turns on WebDAV source
editing.  Now I understand.

-----Original Message-----
From: Bryan Capitano [mailto:Bryan@capitanoweb.com]
Sent: Monday, December 16, 2002 6:59 PM
To: zope@zope.org
Subject: Whoa there! What's up WebDAV???

I'm just experimenting with Dreamweaver MX + WebDAV + Zope for the first
time. When I open up a Zope Page Template (ZPT), all my TAL syntax
disappears. And then when I go back to Zope's ZMI and look at the ZPT,
indeed all my TAL expressions are completely wiped out!!

What's up with that? I think this defeats the whole purpose of being able to
edit ZPT's through Dreamweaver+WebDAV, no? I want to retain the TAL
expression syntax round-trip back and forth from Dreamweaver.  Is there a
way to do this / "fix" this ??

Thanks,
Bryan