[Zope] Password function to manager screen broke?

ken ken@cleveland.lug.net
Tue, 17 Dec 2002 18:22:29 -0500 (EST)

Zope folks,

Several times now I've tried to get into the manager screen from the
zope home page (both http://localhost.localdomain and the actual
hostname.domain of this box) without any luck.

I tried the user & passwd given after the install and that didn't work.
So I "cd /usr/share/zope" and "python2.1 zpasswd.py access", go through
the prompts.  Here's the access file:

admin:password

That's it.  There's not even a CR at the end of the one line.  Because I
chose "cleartext" for encoding, you can see the user is "admin" and the
password is "password".  At the prompt for "Domain restrictions:" I just
hit "Enter" (though I tried other things... don't really know what this
prompt is asking for anyway).  Nothing has worked.  I even restarted
zope a few times in between some of these attempts.

What else can I do so I can log into the manager screen?

thanks,
ken