[Zope] how to test connection speed on external zope server

Adam Manock abmanock@earthlink.net
18 Dec 2002 13:52:06 -0500

You may want to start by using ethereal or similar to see
what's going from / to your Zope server. Especially be on the lookout
for lots of unnecessary forward (and possibly reverse) DNS lookups from
your Zope server to your (or ISPs) DNS servers.

Sometimes all you need to do to improve response time is make sure all
your apache virtual hosts are listed in your server's /etc/hosts file

:-)

Adam