[Zope] SimpleUserFolder and sha-crypted passwd

Adam Manock abmanock@earthlink.net
18 Dec 2002 14:00:30 -0500

On Mon, 2002-12-16 at 05:23, Bj=C3=B8rge Solli wrote:
> Hi
>=20
> I want to put my old loginmanager to rest and put something simple in.=20
> SimpleUserFolder sounds nice, but it seems to do the password matching=20
> itself, and since I have sha-crypted passwords, I need to match the=20
> passwords in encrypted format. Any ideas? If none, can u please tell me t=
o=20
> *not* use SimpleUserFolder(perhaps you have an alternative as well?).
>=20
> For the record; I keep my users in a database.
>=20
> Thankyou!
>=20

I've been down that road...

SHA should work roughly the same as MD5 below

Adam

>From exUserFolder/pgAuthSourceAlt/pgAuthSource.py

# Original cryptPassword function

	def cryptPassword(self, username, password):
		salt =3Dusername[:2]
		secret =3D crypt(password, salt)
		return secret

# Alternate cryptPassword function, returns md5 hash of the password
#	def cryptPassword(self, username, password):
#		passhash =3D md5.new(password)
#		secret =3D passhash.hexdigest()
#		return secret

# Alternate cryptPassword function, returns plain text of the password.
#	def cryptPassword(self, username, password):
#		return password