[Zope] Permissions question

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Wed, 18 Dec 2002 23:19:48 +0100

Kevin Carlson writes:
 > If I log in as a user that has access to the Root Folder, all is well.
 > However, when I log in as a user that is listed in the acl_users folder
 > contained in Folder 2.1, catalog searches are getting fouled up.
You may look how CMF solves this problem (authorization dependent
query results):

  It has a specialized keyword index "AllowedRolesAndUsers".

  A document's value for this index is the list of roles
  that should be allowed to see this object in query results.

  A query is implicitly extended with a subquery against
  this index. The value is the list of roles associated
  with the current user.

Dieter