[Zope] WAI Complient Code

Bryan Capitano Bryan@capitanoweb.com
Wed, 18 Dec 2002 07:59:10 -0800

Some people call it "508 Accessibility" for short, based on Section 508 of
the United States Rehabilitation Act of 1973. Because this is where it all
started. Here's some links:

http://tap.orst.edu/508brief.htm
http://www.section508.gov/
http://www.jimthatcher.com/webcourse1.htm
http://www.webaim.org/standards/508/checklist

U.S. government and educational institutions have started cracking the whip
recently to comply with these 508 accessibility standards on the web. As
with other posters, I agree Zope has no problems here. The resulting HTML
(whether it adheres to 508 rules or not) is completely up to the individual
coder, and not so much with Zope. It would be interesting however, to see a
breakdown of how well the current list of 669 Zope products complies with
Section 508 Web Accessibility standards. Anybody have such a list?

Bryan