[Zope] Array question??

McDonnell, Larry lmcdonnell@protonenergy.com
Thu, 19 Dec 2002 07:51:10 -0500

Hi,

This question has two parts. The first is establishing an array element. I
have followed the examples I have found. First let me explain what I am
trying to accomplish. I have an online form that allows the user to input
header information (customer, address, etc) and the next set of forms they
can enter line items that detail the problem with each part number. At the
end, in our company, depending on 2 parameters, will define the signature
block needed for each part (approval/rejected).

For example,

Part1
name1
name2
name3

Part2
name1
name3

Part3
name2
name4

This works, thank god. Now they want a routing list so on the cover page
they would see

name1
name2
name3
name4

I know I need two arrays but I may have the wrong syntax. I need to load all
the names and go through them again looking for dups. If someone has a
better way I am open to suggestions. Here is my code so far. Thanks in
advance.

<dtml-let nameArray="[]">
<dtml-in lookup_doc_control_query>
<dtml-in lookup_product_family>
  <dtml-call "REQUEST.set('product_id', product_id)">
</dtml-in>
<dtml-in lookup_line_item_query>
    <dtml-in lookup_doc_type_id_query>
    <dtml-call "REQUEST.set('doc_type_id', doc_type_id)">
    </dtml-in>
      <dtml-in lookup_required_app_query sort=designation reverse>
      <dtml-call "REQUEST.set('titleid', titleid)">
       <dtml-in lookup_titles_query>
      <dtml-call "REQUEST.set('titleid', titleid)">
       <dtml-in lookup_authorize_sig_query>
    <dtml-in lookup_employee_query>

  <dtml-call "nameArray.append(last_name)">

  <dtml-var expr="nameArray.append[sequence-item]">**
</dtml-in>
</dtml-in>
</dtml-in>
         </dtml-in>