[Zope] 2Gurus: DB layer and ZODB timeouts

Bo M. Maryniuck b.maryniuk@forbis.lt
Thu, 19 Dec 2002 15:13:18 +0200

Hello, all.

This a question to advanced ZGurus. ;-)

When I have close a DB connection (exactly ZOracleConnection) and even de=
leted=20
from ZODB, there is still a Oracle session. This is very bad, because cou=
nt=20
of sessions grows very fast. :( In Zope 2.5.0 session between Database an=
d=20
Server timeout is approx. 7-12 min, but in Zope 2.6.0 is probably forewer=
=2E :(=20
Is there some cache of something? If yes, where it can be reduced to mini=
mum?

Does anybody know how to enforce to KILL em immediately and release a ses=
sion=20
between servers? Otherwise Zope goes to be unusable tool for "per-user"=20
connections. :(

--=20
Regards, Bogdan

Of course I use Microsoft. Setting up a stable unix network is no challen=
ge ;p