[Zope] Re: [Zope-DB] 2Gurus: DB layer and ZODB timeouts

kapil thangavelu kvthan@wm.edu
Wed, 18 Dec 2002 20:34:53 -0800

On Thursday 19 December 2002 05:13 am, Bo M. Maryniuck wrote:
> Hello, all.
>
> This a question to advanced ZGurus. ;-)
>
> When I have close a DB connection (exactly ZOracleConnection) and even
> deleted from ZODB, there is still a Oracle session. This is very bad,
> because count of sessions grows very fast. :( In Zope 2.5.0 session between
> Database and Server timeout is approx. 7-12 min, but in Zope 2.6.0 is
> probably forewer. :( Is there some cache of something? If yes, where it can
> be reduced to minimum?

i'm wondering if this is a feature not a bug (sorry, i've always wanted to say
that ;-)... relating to the new zodb cache impl toby did thats in 2.6. what
exactly are you doing and how are you doing it? are you holding on to
connections for more than the length of one request, how are you creating
them, etc.

> Does anybody know how to enforce to KILL em immediately and release a
> session between servers? Otherwise Zope goes to be unusable tool for
> "per-user" connections. :(

if your using the ttw zmi tools yes, but you can do things like this in
unrestricted python you should be paying any more penalty than you would
given the design costs of opening up a db connection per user, which is
horribly inefficient anyways.

-k