[Zope] XML-RPC problems after upgrade

Paulo Eduardo Neves neves@samba-choro.com.br
Fri, 20 Dec 2002 03:21:27 -0200

Em Quinta 19 Dezembro 2002 01:22, Kevin Carlson escreveu:
> In looking at this code vs. the code you are running I notice that
> the only difference is that the text defining my server name ends
> with a '/'.  I'd try adding the '/' and see what happens...

Yes, this was the problem. I've just discovered it in xmlrpclib docs:

>>> print xmlrpclib.ServerProxy.__doc__
uri [,options] -> a logical connection to an XML-RPC server

    uri is the connection point on the server, given as
    scheme://host/target.

    The standard implementation always supports the "http" scheme.  If
    SSL socket support is available (Python 2.0), it also supports
    "https".

    If the target part and the slash preceding it are both omitted,
    "/RPC2" is assumed.

    The following options can be given as keyword arguments:

        transport: a transport factory
        encoding: the request encoding (default is UTF-8)

    All 8-bit strings passed to the server proxy are assumed to use
    the given encoding.

It looks like that ServerProxy is now the correct way to use the lib.
They probably have a reason for breaking old code, but this default
appending of /RC2 is really weird.

thanks for all the answers,
--
Paulo Eduardo Neves
Agenda do Samba & Choro, o boteco virtual do samba e choro