[Zope] help on CLIENT_HOME format under win32

Giuseppe Bonelli g.bonelli@360publishing.it
Fri, 20 Dec 2002 12:47:43 +0100

Hi all,

I seek suggestions on the following problem:

I have a class foo that references files kept on the filesystem (by =
subclassing ExternalFile). One of the properties of foo is the path to =
the referenced externalfile which is used also as an index in the =
Catalog.

All the paths string values are constructed in an OS independent way by =
means of os.path.join(CLIENT_HOME, my-app-basepath).

The problem is that if you install Zope on win32 under the standard =
"Program Files" dir, the CLIENT_HOME variable value get translated in =
the ugly "Progr~1\" format and hence the Catalog cannot match this =
string to the real path string.

The obvious solution would be to hardwire in the code the full basepath =
to the external files, but there should be a more elegant solution.

Any suggestion ?

TIA,

--peppo=20