[Zope] conformance to W3C Recommendations and other standards

george donnelly list@zettai.net
Fri, 20 Dec 2002 19:27:43 +0000

this may be true, for example, for new page templates, but this is not true
for, e.g., the dtml-tree tag or the ZMI, not to say that these can not be
changed with some source hacking.

Although I think it would be great to have everything Zope-related spew
perfect, validating XML/XHTML all the time, its not really that important
because all browsers support the old deprecated HTML stuff, probably will
for a long time, including all kinds of non-standard html. Its also a little
quixotic because browsers do not completely support the latest standards
yet.

99% of the time, to talk about "what html Zope produces" is a fallacy,
because, as others have said, Zope produces very little html that the coder
can not change. I.E, the HTML that Zope produces is entirely in your hands
for all intents and purposes.

<-->
george donnelly - http://zettai.net/ - "We Love Newbies" :)
Zope Hosting - Dynamic Website Design - Search Engine Promotion
Yahoo, AIM: zettainet - ICQ: 51907738 - e:george@zettai.net