[Zope] Windows webdav clients (Teamdrive, Webdrive), zope and dreamweaver

Heimo Laukkanen huima@fountainpark.org
Tue, 24 Dec 2002 08:57:28 +0200

Paul Browning wrote:

> I must check this out. What are
> your impressions of WebDrive vs. TeamDrive vs. Xythos?

Well - the Xythos client is what used to be teamdrive. ,-)

I haven't had either on a heavy production use - which would give some
insight, but from small tests and use I would put my buck on Webdrive.
There is propably more magic in Teamdrive - but for my need, to map the
webdav server to a windows machine, webdrive is enough.

It also seems that Xythos aims higher and is going to be more than just
a network drive mapper / client. In my books this only makes the case
stronger pro webdrive, if this webdav / ftp mapping is your need ,-)

> Thanks for the updated PUT_factory.
..
> I'll try and find a moment to update this HowTo.

Nice..I'll do some testing with Dreamweaver MX and try to see how much
has changed -- if I have time for that ,-)

-huima