[Zope] Protecting Zope solution / application -> deploying solutions to customers

Heimo Laukkanen huima@fountainpark.org
Fri, 27 Dec 2002 06:11:53 +0200

Dieter Maurer wrote:

> You may consider putting them in a ZODB "product" (e.g. ZClass).
> A product allows you to control the distribution.
> You can specify which components are customizable.
> Only those show source code when they are imported.

I tested this with Zope 2.6.0 on both windows and Linux - and as far as
I can tell, even though I selected no distribution and modification only
for one object - all the objects were editable. However distributing the
product did not work, so atleast something worked as supposed.

Can anyone confirm this with their machine - or is there actually more
magic to make things not editable, if I make a distribution? Or have I
totally misunderstood how the distribution shoud work...

-huima