[Zope] how to name realm (basic authen)

Svante Kleist svante+zope@nemesis.se
Fri, 01 Feb 2002 10:58:27 +0100

Ulrich,

I spent less than a minute on a Google search here

	< http://www.zope.org/SiteIndex/searchForm >

for

	realm "basic authentication"

which shows seven hits. One of the hits

	< http://www.zope.org/Documentation/ZDG/ObjectPublishing.stx/document_src >

contains this:

 Environment Variables

      You can control some facets of the publisher's operation by
      setting environment variables.

        'Z_DEBUG_MODE' -- Sets debug mode. In debug mode tracebacks are
        not hidden in error pages. Also debug mode causes 'DTMLFile'
        objects, External Methods and help topics to reload their
        contents from disk when changed. You can also set debug mode
        with the '-D' switch when starting Zope.

        'Z_REALM' -- Sets the basic authorization realm. This controls
        the realm name as it appears in the web browser's username and
        password dialog. You can also set the realm with the
        '__bobo_realm__' module variable, as mentioned previously.

        'PROFILE_PUBLISHER' -- Turns on profiling and sets the name of
        the profile file. See the Python documentation for more
        information about the Python profiler.

      Many more options can be set using switches on the startup
      script. See the *Zope Administrator's Guide* for more
      information.

Did you even _try_ to find this information yourself?

Svante Kleist, NEMESIS systemDesign, Stockholm

--On Friday, February 01, 2002 10:16  +0100 Ulrich Wisser