[Zope] Re : Zope on solaris for the beginner.

FrŽdŽric Lemaitre flemaitre@fede.generali.fr
Fri, 01 Feb 2002 11:57:51 +0100

Hello Jesse,

Maybe this is your first problem on Solaris......

But it won't be the last : 3 months ago, like U, i choose Zope for
building few Intranet/Extranet sites on Solaris....
.... but Python's multithreading implementation doesn't work on Solaris.

Zope seems to work in a mono-threading mode on Solaris : the problem is
still present on Python 2.1.2, maybe it's solved on Python 2.2 (but i'm
not sure). But Zope doesn't work with Python 2.2....

.... so we had to install our sites on NT Servers in order to work with
Zope (we don't have others Unix systems for production sites in our
compagny)...... :-(

Zope on Solaris is still a bad choise and i wonder why doesn't it
mentionned on Zope.org, i wonder..... ????????

Fred.
Excuse my English...