[Zope] Re: Zope binary distributions

Erik Stephens erik.stephens@newtimes.com
Fri, 1 Feb 2002 14:04:44 -0700

Dieter writes:
> Erik Stephens writes:
>  > Given the recent problems we're having with needing certain build
>  > options set and specific versions for Python, it would be nice if we
>  > could rely on a binary Zope distribution and not have to second guess
>  > that we are screwing up somewhere in the build process.  Am I missing
>  > the boat somewhere?
>
> If I were Zope.com (or Zope.org), I would be quite angry about
> this request...
>
>    What do you/your company pay that you request such a level of service?
>    I.e. a binary distribution specifically tailored to your needs?

Whoa, Dieter, don't get your panties in a bunch!  All I was trying to
get at was that maybe we were f'ing up the build some how and was
HOPING there would be a way to rely on the experts for that step.  I
was just trying to get some details about the Zope binary
distribution, which I must've been a complete idiot about.  Please
forgive me.

This kind of crap doesn't belong on a mail list, but since you want to
incite a flame on it, I'll be more than happy to oblige.  You got a
beef with me, then email me directly and spare the rest of us with
this waste of bandwidth.

Is it my fault that Zope people are overly sensitive right now?  Am I
spreading misinformation?  I thought I was just asking questions.  I
didn't know that was such a crime.

-Erik