[Zope] Zope Extensions Folder

Thomas B. Passin tpassin@mitretek.org
Mon, 4 Feb 2002 13:28:29 -0500

[Stephan Herschel]

> Is there a way to change the way Zope searches for the 'Extensions'
> folder according to the user ID? - ie/ Is there a way to change this
> default setting so that it is a sub-directory?  I want to use external
> methods in a module not located in the Extensions folder.

You can have the external method dispatch to some other Python module, which
can be located anywhere accessible to the python path.  In fact, you should
do that as often as possible to avoid cluttering up the Extensions folder.
Your dispatch function can use the user ID to figure out what to do.

Cheers,

Tom P