[Zope] ZPT equiv for DTML Command

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Mon, 4 Feb 2002 23:06:01 +0100

Gary Learned writes:
 > Ok I have one more question... When setting up a wrapper, the example
 > I'm looking at uses:
 >
 > <dtml-var "_[page_body]" fmt=structured-text>
The ZPT mailing list would help you faster...

    tal:define="
      std	modules/Products/PythonScript/standard;
      st	nocall: std/structured_text;
      page_body python: st(getattr(variable,page_body));
      "
    tal:content="structure page_body"

You must "variable" replace by the variable that actually has
the "page_body" attribute. ZPT supports less magic, it lacks
the DTML namespace. You need to specify which objects provide
the attributes.

"std" as defined above is a collection of useful function which are often
used in DTML for formatting purposes or to implement dtml-var
attributes.

"nocall" prevents "structured_text" from being called.

More info in the TAL/TALES-specification (found via Zope.org).

Dieter