[Zope] DCOracle2 for Oracle 9i

Matthew T. Kromer matt@zope.com
Tue, 05 Feb 2002 13:46:30 -0500

Drew Fisher wrote:

>Hello,
>
>I'm having some difficulties building DCOracle2.
>
>The system I'm building it on is a Sun box running Solaris 2.8
>(64-bit).  The version of Oracle is 9i.
>
>Here is the output of the errors:
>

>gcc -shared build/temp.solaris-2.8-sun4u-2.2/dco2.o -L/export/oracle/lib
>-lclntsh -o build/lib.solaris-2.8-sun4u-2.2/dco2.so
>-Wl,-rpath,/export/oracle/lib
>
>ld: fatal: file /export/oracle/lib/libclntsh.so: wrong ELF class:
>ELFCLASS64
>
>ld: fatal: file /export/oracle/lib: unknown file type
>
>ld: fatal: File processing errors. No output written to
>build/lib.solaris-2.8-sun4u-2.2/dco2.so
>
>collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
>error: command 'gcc' failed with exit status 1
>
>I have a very limited amount of knowledge on the inner workings of
>Oracle so any help at all would be appriciated.
>
>Thanks!
>
>Drew Fisher

Well, I think it means you're trying to link against the 64 bit Oracle
libraries with 32 bit code.  I'm sure gcc has an option to generate 64
bit code -- but you may have to build a newer gcc!

A quick google search turned up:

    http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc/2001-10/msg01118.html

Which indicates that you may need to pull down a cvs version of gcc 3.1.
 My Sun Blade 100 arrives 'soon' (the country kit [power cord, keyboard,
mouse] showed up today) so I can't give detailed instructions until then.

Your other two options are to download the 32 bit Oracle 9i for Solaris,
and install that instead, or license Sun's C compiler.

--
Matt Kromer
Zope Corporation  http://www.zope.com/