[Zope] Python script error when tying to manage_addZSQLMethod

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Tue, 5 Feb 2002 23:03:31 +0100

Dean Grubb writes:
 > Error Type: AttributeError
 > Error Value: manage_addZSQLMethod
 >
 > from this python script
 >
 > item_id = "test_DTMLDocument"
 > item_title = "Test DTML Document"
 > item_body = """<dtml-var header>...<dtml-var footer>"""
 >
 > sqlName = "SQL_SELECT_ALL"
 > sqlTitle = "View All"
 > dbName = "dbConn"
 > argumentString = "wid given surname"
 > templateString = "SELECT * FROM clients"
 >
 > context.manage_addDTMLDocument(id=item_id,title=item_title,file=item_body)
 > context.manage_addZSQLMethod(id=sqlName,title=sqlTitle,
 >                             connection_id=dbName,arguments=argumentString,
 > template=templateString)
 >

 > what have I missed? I can get the manage_addDTMLDocument to work ok, but not
 > the manage_addZSQLMethod.
Apparently, your "context" does not have a "manage_addZSQLMethod".

Note that the "official" way to create an object is:

     an_object_manager.manage_addProduct[a_product_name].a_constructor_in_this_product(...)

Read more in

  <http://www.dieter.handshake.de/pyprojects/zope/book/chap3.html>

if necessary.

Dieter