[Zope] Apache/Zope/VHM/SSL

abg@comco-inc.com abg@comco-inc.com
Wed, 6 Feb 2002 10:30:47 -0600

I've got Apache listening on ports 80 and 443 (using mod_ssl), and Zope
running on port 8080. I'm using SiteAccess with Enhanced VirtualHostMonster
to host several sites in Zope.

I'd like to have my Zope managers log into the ZMI using SSL, and am trying
to accomplish this with rewrite rules. Here's an example:

<VirtualHost xx.xx.xxx.xxx:443>
SSLEngine On
SSLCertificateFile openssl/bin/manage.foobar.com.cert
SSLCertificateKeyFile openssl/bin/manage.foobar.com.key
    ServerName manage.foobar.com
    RewriteEngine On
    RewriteRule ^/(.*)
http://manage.foobar.com:8080/VirtualHostBase/http/manage.foobar.com:80/Virt
ualHostRoot/$1 [P]
</VirtualHost>

The rule above gets me past the login, but none of the management screens
show up. If someone could give me a hand tweaking this rule, I'd really
appreciate it.

Thanks,

Aaron Gillette