[Zope] Zope and R

Jim Penny jpenny@universal-fasteners.com
Wed, 6 Feb 2002 16:42:15 -0500

On Wed, Feb 06, 2002 at 03:01:04PM -0500, Paul Winkler wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 06, 2002 at 04:09:35PM +0100, Ragnar Beer wrote:
> > You mean GDChart can also produce vector images? That would be cool!
> > GDChart's documentation is a bit shortish ... Perhaps I should take the
> > painful way and look a the source.
>
> Reportlab can generate PDF, postscript, and bitmaps from text, vector
> graphics, bitmap images, whatever ... it's open-source and it's
> python, too. Demo at
> http://www.reportlab.com/cgi-bin/graphics_demo.cgi
>
> Note that the bitmap rendering option needs to be downloaded
> separately at the "addons" section of the site.
>
> Another nice vector-graphics option for python is sping, formerly
> known as piddle: http://piddle.sourceforge.net

And another option is ploticus  (note this is NOT plplot)
ploticus.sourceforge.net.
Can produce png, jpeg, SVG, and postscript.
Especially well suited for repetitive tasks, as it uses a
non-procedural template language to define charts, and the
data can be sourced from a file or standard input.
Not python, but easy to invoke via os.system.
Very good and extensive documentation.

jim penny