[Zope] How to prevent concurrent access to the same object?

Richard Barrett R.Barrett@ftel.co.uk
Thu, 07 Feb 2002 18:45:34 +0000

At 10:15 06/02/2002 +0500, Alexei Ustyuzhaninov wrote:
>Hi!
>
>Is it possible to make a zope object which doesn't allow simultaneous
>access to itself? I mean that if two users call methods of the same object
>then only one call will process at a time and the other one will wait
>untill the first call will finish. I tried to fix it up with unix
>semaphores but with no success.

Why do you want to do this so explicitly?

I believe that Zope is inherently transactional and its own database
updates are performed atomically with transaction commit, abort, rollback
and retry apparatus built in.

That said, you might want to ask how to plug in your own commit, rollback
and retry code to zope's transaction commit and abort handlers if you
problem is to control updating of some external database from zope code.