[Zope] specify passive ports for ftp

ra@burningman.com ra@burningman.com
Thu, 07 Feb 2002 23:37:41 -0800

Arnt-Hugo Nilsen wrote:

> Hi
> I have a problem using Zope passive ftp.
> * We have configured our firewall for high security.
> * The problem is using passive ftp because one can not know wich ports
> being used for communication.
> * Opening all high ports on the firewall is not an option.
>
> Is it possible to specify which ports Zope er allowed to use for passive
> ftp (like you edit 'ftpaccess' for other ftp servers), so that we can
> reconfigure the firewall for these ports?
> If not, are there any other way of solving this?...except for modify ftp
> source code.

Actually, I'd be interested in even hearing ways to solve this problem
that DO involve modifying the source code... I dug into the FTPServer.py
code a while back to try to tackle this very problem and didn't see
where the ports were being specified.  Unfortunately, other matters
became a bit more pressing.  I'd be willing to hack up a way to set the
passive ftp ports if someone would orient me a bit...

-r