[Zope] docs for invoking 2nd version of python

Douglas Carnall dougie@carnall.org
Sat, 09 Feb 2002 11:05:42 +0000

> I am using RedHat 7.2 with python 1.5.2.rpm. I want to use Zope ver 2.5 ,
> which I believe uses python 2.1. I have been told I can install 2.1 on the
> same box, and tell Zope to use it. I have looked around for docs on this,
> but must not know my way around the archives. Any direction to the proper
> docs would be appreciated.

If you are starting from scratch with Zope and Python it should be easy: the
binary release of Zope 2.5.0 installs the correct version of python by
default within the zope directory you set up (which shouldn't hose python
1.5.2)

Apart from, (obviously)

http://www.zope.org/Documentation/Misc/InstallingZope.html

and

http://www.zope.org/Members/mcdonc/HowTos/zopeinstall/ZOPE-INSTALL-HOWTO

I've exported my bookmark file if it's any help to you:

http://www.carnall.demon.co.uk/install_zope.html

Best wishes

D.

--