[Zope] docs for invoking 2nd version of python

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Sat, 9 Feb 2002 14:02:40 +0100

Raymond Norton writes:
 > I am using RedHat 7.2 with python 1.5.2.rpm. I want to use Zope ver 2.5 ,
 > which I believe uses python 2.1. I have been told I can install 2.1 on the
 > same box, and tell Zope to use it. I have looked around for docs on this,
 > but must not know my way around the archives. Any direction to the proper
 > docs would be appreciated.
When you use a binary Zope distribution, it comes with its own
Python binary. Just follow the accompanying installation instructions.

When you use a source distribution, then you do:

     <your_python> wo_pcgi.py (or maybe: <your_python> w_pcgi.py)

to generate Zope from the source. This generates "start", the normal
Zope startup script. It uses the right Python interpreter.
Easy, isn't it?

Dieter