[Zope] permissions documentation

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Sat, 9 Feb 2002 13:39:15 +0100

Eckhoff, Damon writes:
 > Is there a document out there that lists which API functions map to which permissions settings?
 > I'm going blind trying to find one....
If you are using an older Zope version (before 2.5) or use
2.5 together with "ZOPE_SECURITY_POLICY=PYTHON", then you can
use my "DocFinder" product to find out the permission that
protects a method

  <http://www.dieter.handshake.de/pyprojects/zope>

The new "cAccessControl" does not expose the necessary information,
and therefore, "DocFinder" can only show the roles that are allowed
to use the methods.

You may try to help me to get the required information exposed
by "cAccessControl". I already filed a Collector feature request,
offering to make the necessary changes when they will later
be part of the Zope core, but nobody responded...

Dieter