[Zope] Form gets erased after 'View' and back button in ZMI

Robin Smidsrod robin@etools.no
Mon, 11 Feb 2002 08:56:44 +0100 (CET)

On Fri, 8 Feb 2002, Chris Humphries wrote:

> if you save the form before you view it, it will be there.
> this doesnt really sound like a browser issue. I mean if you
> save it, it is there, no matter what you do to it.
>
> the zodb doesnt care about what browser you use. I use the
> zmi and use IE to test stuff as well, and have had no issues.
> if object is saved, this really isnt a zope issue from here
> on, but a pebkac issue.

You've missed the point. See the initial message for a description of my
problem. When I "try" to save e.g. a DTML Method, and the code has errors,
and the ZMI informs me about this, I press back, and the form contains the
last saved state, and not the information I tried to enter into it
(which had errors). It seems like _all_ my forms behave this way,
so I think it is a browser/cache/proxy issue....