[Zope] httpd processes

Andreas Jung andreas@andreas-jung.com
Sun, 10 Feb 2002 06:35:12 -0500

Are there any messages in the stupid log file ? Maybe try
to enable big M logging to get detailed statistics about
what is going on on your servers.

- aj

----- Original Message -----
From: "Stephan Goeldi" <stephan_goeldi@hotmail.com>
To: <zope@zope.org>
Sent: Monday, February 11, 2002 09:35
Subject: [Zope] httpd processes

On one of our servers (RedHat 7.0) run about 15 productive Zope instances.
Versions from 2.3.3 up to 2.5.0. We combine Apache with Zope. Sometimes, the
number of httpd processes go up from about 9 processes to over 60 processes.
All websites don't response then anymore. A simple httpd restart corrects
this problem, and everything is fine again.

Does anybody know of a Zope related issue which is responsible for such
behaviour?