[Zope] How to prevent concurrent access to the same object?

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Mon, 11 Feb 2002 21:00:10 +0100

Alexei Ustyuzhaninov writes:
 > > Alexei Ustyuzhaninov writes:
 > >  > Is it possible to make a zope object which doesn't allow simultaneous
 > >  > access to itself?
 > > You may have a look at my product "SharableResource":
 > >
 > >   <http://www.dieter.handshake.de/pyprojects/zope>
 >

 > Thanks. Unfortunately RLock-based methods don't work in this situation
 > (in linux at least) because concurrent transactions are executed in
 > separate processes, not in threads of a single process.
I do not believe you. If you were right, then the Linux thread
implementation were severely broken.

   Locks are intended to coordinate concurrent threads.
   There is no other purpose for them. I am sure they work
   even though Linux implements threads by processes.

Dieter