[Zope] Easiest way to store the results of a form.

Thomas B. Passin tpassin@mitretek.org
Tue, 12 Feb 2002 10:35:04 -0500

[Lennart Regebro]

> What is, in your opinion, the easiest way to store the results of a form,
> either from DTML or from a Python script? I'd rather not install a
database,
> I can't write to disk files from python scripts...
>
> Any easy ways are appriciated, I have already thrown away several hours to
> do this and I completely refuse to waste any more time on this. There has
> be a dead easy way that I have missed.

I like to use an external method. You can store the entire form data in a
single line in a file.  In fact, you can use a hidden field in a form to
declare what filename to use, so you can have the external method decide
what filename to use for which form.

It doesn't take much python code to accomplish this.  Later you can process
the file to get the data into a database, if you ever decide to do that.

Cheers,

Tom P