[Zope] MailBoxer released

Maik Jablonski maik.jablonski@uni-bielefeld.de
Wed, 13 Feb 2002 09:55:20 +0100

hello,

today I released the first public version of MailBoxer - a mailinglist-manager for ZOPE.

http://www.zope.org/Members/mjablonski/MailBoxer/

- MailBoxer is a folderish object to manage and archive mailinglists.
- It's easy to use and configure & can handle mime-encoded mails with attachments.
- People can subscribe/unsubscribe to your list by sending a mail with a specified email-subject (not body) to the same address where the postings will go.
- The mailinglist can be moderated and archived.
- You can disable subscription and unsubscription.
- By defining a spamlist some addresses can be disclosed from subscribing or mailing to your list.
- All traffic to your mailinglist will be logged.

Yes, I know it... sending thousands of mails through ZOPE can kill your server. But if you have a small site (only a few or more mails per day), managing your mailinglist with MailBoxer is more sysadmin/user-friendly than installing & playing with majordomo etc... because you can do it all with ZOPE!

Hope it helps... Flying to the moon with ZOPE is still ahead...

Greetings, Maik Jablonski

--
Maik Jablonski
Zentrum fuer Lehrerbildung