[Zope] wondering how people tackle this in Zope

Tom Deprez Tom Deprez" <tom.deprez@uz.kuleuven.ac.be
Wed, 13 Feb 2002 11:21:03 +0100

Hi,

People want to make here some teaching files, which can be read from any PC.
So they were told to use html.  and to use a database to make references to
pages...

But they don't have any knowledge of html, etc! They work with MSWord etc...

Now, I'm wondering how this can be done in a more object manner... but I've
problems to find out how much 'object-oriented' I've to work...

The teaching files consist of pages with text and images. The amout of text
boxes and images can be different.
I don't know, but probably the best way is just to use html for the layout?
Or is there a better way?
Inside these pages would also be now and then links which go to another
page... is there a way to not hard-code this link?
Problably with using the catalog and search for content.
Which experience to most people have to catalog such dtml_document or ZPT?
do you use seperate objects for keywords, etc..?
Or so you just catalog the whole document?

Now, they will use html, but aren't there better ways, which give nice
results as well? ie the use of structured text, or something else?

Or would converting the word documents to pdf and then put these pdf's as
objects inside zope?

Do people have experience it this?

Thanks,
Tom.