[Zope] Error adding ZClass instance

Michael Schulz mschulz@webgis.de
Wed, 13 Feb 2002 11:57:57 +0100

Hi,

i have a made a product with a zclass in zope 2.3.4, created with the
zclass constructor methods. It worked fine. Now we've upgraded to zope
2.4.3. When i try to add an instance of this product i get the following
error:

<!--
Traceback (innermost last):
  File /usr/local/Zope-2.4.3-src/lib/python/ZPublisher/Publish.py, line
223, in publish_module
  File /usr/local/Zope-2.4.3-src/lib/python/ZPublisher/Publish.py, line
187, in publish
  File /usr/local/zope/lib/python/Zope/__init__.py, line 226, in
zpublisher_exception_hook
    (Object: Einstiegstext_container_factory)
  File /usr/local/Zope-2.4.3-src/lib/python/ZPublisher/Publish.py, line
171, in publish
  File /usr/local/Zope-2.4.3-src/lib/python/ZPublisher/mapply.py, line
160, in mapply
    (Object: Einstiegstext_container_add)
  File /usr/local/Zope-2.4.3-src/lib/python/ZPublisher/Publish.py, line
112, in call_object
    (Object: Einstiegstext_container_add)
  File /usr/local/Zope-2.4.3-src/lib/python/OFS/DTMLMethod.py, line 199,
in __call__
    (Object: Einstiegstext_container_add)
  File /usr/local/zope/lib/python/DocumentTemplate/DT_String.py, line
546, in __call__
    (Object: Einstiegstext_container_add)
  File /usr/local/Zope-2.4.3-src/lib/python/DocumentTemplate/DT_With.py,
line 133, in render
    (Object:
Einstiegstext_container.createInObjectManager(REQUEST['id'], REQUEST))
  File /usr/local/Zope-2.4.3-src/lib/python/DocumentTemplate/DT_Util.py,
line 231, in eval
    (Object:
Einstiegstext_container.createInObjectManager(REQUEST['id'], REQUEST))
    (Info: REQUEST)
  File &lt;string&gt;, line 2, in f
    (Object: guarded_getitem)
NameError: (see above)

-->

I have tried exporting and reimporting the product, but no change in
behaviour.

The weird thing is, that there are some subfolders where adding an
instance of this product works without problems. I have checked the
permissions and these subfolders have no special settings. If it had to
do with permission I would expect any kind of unauthorized error or sth
related instead of this name error problem, or am i wrong?

I have noticed that other Zopers have experienced this behaviour too,
did you solve the problem? Anybody else who knows why this is happening?

TIA, Michael

Michael Schulz                                in medias res
Dipl.-Geologe                              Gesellschaft für
                                Informationstechnologie mbH
                             Sautierstr. 38, 79104 Freiburg
                                     0761 55695-95 (Fax 96)
mschulz@webgis.de                             www.webgis.de