[Zope] 2.5 upgrade, Sessions - too clever for myself

Chris McDonough chrism@zope.com
Wed, 13 Feb 2002 10:18:52 -0500

Brad Clements wrote:
> I don't think the hook was the problem.  The symptons are
>
> 1. The REQUEST.SESSION instance has a getSessionData() method only if the server
> has been restarted without a session_data_manager instance.
>
> That is, if the server is working, then I restart it, then REQUEST.SESSION won't have a
> getSessionData() method. However if I delete /session_data_manager and restart, it
> then works again.

I will try to recreate this symptom.  I've never seen or heard of
anything like it before.

> 2. But worse, it seems that after about 20 minutes ( the default timeout for the storage
> object), the same problem appears. SESSION loses the getSessionData() method
> once the timeout specified in /temp_folder/session_data has expired.
>
> --
>
> My client was really upset, so I couldn't experiment any longer. My solution was to
> remove the 2.5 provided Session product and install CST 0.9. It's working now.

OK, well that's good to hear.

> Naturally I'd still like to figure this out, how can I help diagnose this? I think it's the
> transient storage container..

Well... I'm not really sure.  Let me poke around a bit.p
--
Chris McDonough                    Zope Corporation
http://www.zope.org             http://www.zope.com