[Zope] calling a DTML method with arg

John Hunter jdhunter@ace.bsd.uchicago.edu
Wed, 13 Feb 2002 17:40:58 -0600

I have several pages where I want to list some information about
patients in my database, and want to have a single DTML method called
listPatient which takes pid (patient id) as an arg and lists the
information for that patient.  The basic idea is that I have many DTML
Documents that need to list patients in a variety of contexts, and I
want to have a single method that controls how patients are listed, so
as I upgrade my database I won't have to change the patient listing
format in many places

Something like

<dtml-in expr="get_pids()" mapping>
    <dtml-call expr="listPatient( 'pid=%s' % <dtml-var pid>)" >
</dtml-in>

But I am having trouble figuring out how to set up a DTML method to
get an argument like this.  Is this possible?  Can you recursively
nest DTML methods/documents?

Thanks
John Hunter