[Zope] slow authentication popup in 2.5.0: dtml-sendmail in standard_error_message on winnt 4

Jens Vagelpohl jens@zope.com
Fri, 15 Feb 2002 07:48:58 -0500

what happens is that standard error message gets called whenever someone
authenticates for the first time, meaning whenever they get the
username/password popup. even though you never see the rendered
standard_error_message its code gets executed.

your standard_error_message tries to send mail and that's where the DNS
lookup stuff comes in. i have to second chris in his opinion that this is
due to DNS lookup problems on that particular machine.

jens