[Zope] Python Script Question

Chris A. Bruce cbruce@sleeter.com
Fri, 15 Feb 2002 19:24:51 -0800

Thanks for the reply, but the Name error is in the UserFileFolder_add
method when it is calling UserFileFolder.createInObjectManager. =20

Any how, all I really wanted is was a WORKING example of how to add a
ZClass to a folder in Python Script?  Nothing more?

Your website link did not work, either.

Thanks,

Chris

-----Original Message-----
From: Dieter Maurer [mailto:dieter@handshake.de]=20
Sent: Friday, February 15, 2002 3:03 PM
To: Chris Bruce
Cc: zope@zope.org
Subject: Re: [Zope] Python Script Question

Chris Bruce writes:
 > Can any one give me a working example of how to add a ZCLASS to a
 > folder in Python Script?  I have tried:
 >=20
 > request =3D context.REQUEST
 >=20
 > for i in context.Users.UserFolders.objectValues():
 > =20

folder.manage_addProduct["UserFileFolder"].UserFileFolder_add(id=3Di.id)
 >   print context.REQUEST["id"]
 >=20
 > return printed
 >=20
 >=20
 > But it is giving me the following error:
 > Traceback (innermost last):
 >     (Object: UserFileFolder.createInObjectManager(REQUEST['id'],
 > REQUEST))
 >     (Info: REQUEST)
 >   File <string>, line 2, in f
 >     (Object: guarded_getitem)
 > NameError: (see above)

Zope error messages are better than the quotations I often see
in the mailing list. It tells you which name is not found!
As you surely understand this is an essential information.

  From your code above, I would expect "folder" is unknown.
  But that's probably because your just forgot to show
  us the definition of "folder"...

  The traceback suggests, "id" is unknown in "REQUEST".
  I expect that this is due to the fact, that
  "UserFileFolder_add" is a DTML method that is
  called wrongly (without the necessary 2 positional parameters).
  If this analysis is correct, then you should read the
  section "Calling DTML objects" in

    <http://www.dieter.handshake.de/pyprojects/zope/book/chap3.html>

For the future:

  When you report tracebacks, you should report "Error Type"
  and "Error Value", too.

Dieter