[Zope] Re: System Error from Zope Book Example

Dan Shafer dan@gui.com
Sun, 17 Feb 2002 11:18:47 -0800

The plot thickens.

As I continue to try to work through this problem in an effort to
learn something, I find this peculiarity.

If I copy the script that is generating the error from a sub-folder
of my Zope instance to the root folder, rather than a Zope error, I
get a file download dialog indicating I am trying to download a file
of type application/x-httpd-cgi. The external method this script is
calling is stored at the root level of the Zope instance.

So here's the script that's causing the problem:

for image in context.objectValues('Image'):
     if not image.hasProperty('original_id'):
         context.makeThumbnail(image.getId())

the makeThumbnail script it's calling is an external defined at the
root level. It works fine when run from a URL against a single image
whose ID is provided as an argument (as described on pp. 156-157 of
the Zope Book).

But if I attempt to call it from this for-in loop in a non-external
Python script, I get these weird conditions.

Mysteriouser and mysteriouser.
--
Dan Shafer, Personal Creativity Trainer and Consultant
Trained Hartman Value Profile Analyst