[Zope] compiling zope 2.5.0 on solaris 2.6 with python 2.2

jbr@FIZ-Karlsruhe.DE jbr@FIZ-Karlsruhe.DE
Mon, 18 Feb 2002 20:27:44 +0100 (MET)

hello,

I have tried to compile  zope on solaris 2.6  using Python 2.2

I am using Zope-2.5.0-src.tgz

1.) compile problems

The first attempt to compile the python extensions failed, because the script
 do.py wanted to use target boot in Makefile.pre.in.

In Python 2.2 the Makefile.pre.in has not such a target and therefore I copied
Makefile.pre.in  from python2.0/config/Makefile.pre.in  a temporary directory
and changed in do.py   the following line
  do("cp %s ." % wheres_Makefile_pre_in())
into
  do("cp /home/jbr/t/t/Makefile.pre.in Makefile.pre.in")

compiling without pcgi wrapper was successfull.

 python wo_pcgi.py

2.) when I  try to start Zserver I get the warning below each second  and a core dump:

br@A7Dsid1 >  ./start
/opt/gnu/lib/python2.2/FCNTL.py:7: DeprecationWarning: the FCNTL module is deprecated; please use fcntl

/opt/gnu/lib/python2.2/FCNTL.py:7: DeprecationWarning: the FCNTL module is deprecated; please use fcntl

Does somebody knows how to compile zope2.5.0  on solaris ?

With kind regards,  Juergen Berger